Work permit for children aged 13 to 16

Children aged 13 to 16 years need to have a permit to work in a job.

The employer must apply for the work permit to the local authority where the child will be working.

Before you use this form

You must first complete the relevant risk assessment. Information can be found on the NNCEE website

You will need to upload:

About this form

When you go through the form, you have about 20 minutes to complete each page. Don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question, but use the 'Previous' button on the page you are on. Questions marked * can't be left blank.