Manchester has gone from strength to strength, with strong economic performance, successful regeneration and a growing population driving our positive change. But challenges remain.
Despite this growth, our residents are under-represented in higher paid sectors and occupations; many have poorer health outcomes and develop life-threatening health conditions a decade earlier than peer groups across the UK, and a significant number are digitally excluded. In addition - globally - technology is rapidly changing employment, and we face the serious risks of a climate emergency.
We want all Manchester residents to be able to contribute to and benefit from growing the city’s economy, and all our neighbourhoods to thrive so that Manchester’s success can continue. We can support employers in helping to build this inclusive economy through:
- helping you recruit local people including apprenticeships
- introductions to schools, colleges and universities to support their work
- getting you involved with community groups and projects
- linking you up with local suppliers
- signposting you to support to help your business move towards zero carbon
- Joining you up with networks of likeminded businesses
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Greater Manchester Good Employment Charter
The Greater Manchester Combined Authority launched the Good Employment Charter to help improve employment standards across all Greater Manchester employers. Visit the Greater Manchester Combined Authority