Supporting employers to deliver inclusive growth
Manchester has gone from strength to strength, with strong economic performance, vast regeneration and a growing population driving our positive change.
However, challenges remain. Despite our growth, our residents are underrepresented in Manchester’s higher paid sectors and occupations, and develop life-threatening health conditions a decade earlier than peer groups across the UK. Globally, technology is rapidly changing employment, and we face the serious risks of a climate emergency.
We want all Manchester residents to be able to participate in and benefit from the city’s economy, and all places within our city to thrive so that Manchester’s success can continue.
And employers can help build this inclusive economy and we are here to support you:
- help recruit local people including apprenticeships
- introduce you to schools, colleges and universities to support their work
- get you involved with community groups and projects
- introduce you to local suppliers
- signpost you to support to help your business move towards zero carbon
- link you to likeminded businesses
Contact the Work and Skills Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.