People and communities Request an interpreter or translation

We provide interpretation and translation services in many languages including British Sign Language. We also offer services in accessible and alternative communication support formats such as Audio-Visual and Braille.

If you are using a Manchester City Council service and need an interpreter or any of the above services, you can tell the person you are dealing with and they will arrange it for you.

Non-Council related services

If you need an interpreter or written translations of documents in other languages or formats, for a non-Council related purpose, please contact us by email. You will need to pay to use this service.

Charges are different, depending on the service requirement. Please email us with your requirements or the document you need a written translation for and we can provide an estimated cost of the service. You will be required to pay for these services in advance.

Interpreters and freelancers

At present, we do not have any vacancies for interpreters. However, if you want to register your interest as a freelancer, please email us for more information.


Interpreters and Translations

Address: m::four Translations
Communication and Language Support Service
Manchester City Council
Town Hall Extension
M2 5DB

Tel: 0161 234 3193

Fax: 0161 274 7114


Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.