People and communities Other ways to contact us

The Customer Service Centre in the Town Hall Extension is not open to walk-in visitors. 

Most council services are available online and you should access these through our website wherever possible.

For other enquiries you can try our switchboard on 0161 234 5000.

If you are concerned for the safety or wellbeing of a child or adult, you can contact our social care service on 0161 234 5001.

If you are calling to report an emergency that is an immediate risk to public safety, please call 0161 223 7222.

The housing advice service and homelessness reception centre are currently closed

If you have any form of accommodation in which you can remain it is essential that you stay where you are and do not access these services. 

During this extremely challenging period services are especially busy, remaining accommodation is scarce and prioritised for those in acute need.

If you believe you have nowhere to stay immediately you should call 0161 234 4692 or email

We will deal with your enquiry as quickly as we can, but we can't provide a face to face service at this time.

In an emergency

Licensing and out of hours complaints

The Licensing and Out of Hours Team are operating up to 1am from Sunday to Thursday, and up to 4.30am on Friday and Saturday. All new cases need to be logged online and a case officer will make contact. Staff are available to take calls between 10am and 1am (Sunday to Thursday), and 10am to 4.30am (Friday and Saturday)

After 6pm you can report emergency noise or premises trading issues that cause an immediate risk to public safety on 0161 223 7222.

The team will attend incidents if noise is ongoing and having a significant impact. All noise monitoring will be done from the street as officers will not be entering properties at present due to current guidelines, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.