Schools, education and childcare Apply for a school travel pass or cycle voucher

Some children can get a free pass to travel to school on the bus, train or tram in Greater Manchester.

Some children at secondary school can get a cycle voucher to put towards the cost of a new bike instead of a pass.

Apply here if you live in Manchester. Check your postcode if you're not sure. If you live outside the city apply to your local council (even if the school is in Manchester). For a child with an education, health and care plan, call 0161 219 6400.

Replacement passes

To order a replacement pass contact Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), who will tell you how to apply.

Other passes and reductions

There's also a range of travel passes and reduced fares for under-16s. See who can get them and how to apply on the Transport for Greater Manchester website.

Post 16 policy 

Transport policy statement for students’ aged 16 to 18 in further education and continuing students aged 19 and over. 


Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.