Benefits and support Apply for a cash grant if you are in financial crisis

You can apply for a cash grant of between £30 and £60 if you are in crisis or have an emergency that's out of your control.

To be eligible you must:

  • live in the area covered by Manchester City Council; and
  • be 16 or over; and
  • have no capital or savings; and
  • get one of the following benefits; Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Universal Credit or Guaranteed Pension Credit
  • not be experiencing hardship because of a decision by the Department of Work and Pensions (if you are, visit the DWP website or call 0345 608 8545); and
  • not have already received a cash grant within the last 12 months, or

We are also temporarily offering support to carers, including households where a child or young person is the carer. The carer does not need to meet the eligibility criteria.

Please do not select the Household Support Fund option when completing the form. Choosing the Household Support may delay your application and will require you to complete a further more detailed application.

What to do if you can't get welfare provision

Please read our Welfare Provision Scheme Privacy Notice

Find out more about how we run the scheme

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.