Most people now claim help with rent through Universal Credit.
You still need to claim help with Council Tax from us.
Claim help with your rent from Universal Credit
- you have three or more children; or
- you live in supported or temporary accommodation; or
- you are Pension Credit-age; or
- you are receiving one of these benefits and it includes a Severe Disability Premium -
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Income Support
In any of these cases you must claim help with rent from us instead. We will work out if you can get help with Council Tax at the same time.
Council Tax Support
You must claim Council Tax Support from us even if you get help with rent from Universal Credit. Claim Council Tax Support from us.
Free School Meals
See how to get them