Area 3 - Thomas Street/Oldham Street to Shudehill
- Introduce a cycle contraflow on Hilton Street between Tib Street and Oldham Street
- Add traffic calming before contraflow without lane markings on narrow part of Hilton Street (virtual contraflow).
- Add cycle segregation on protection on High Street to assist cyclists turning right onto Back Turner Street.
- Thomas Street to become a pedestrian and cycle zone, except for loading (6 to 10am, and 6 to 7pm).
- Removal of two-way access from Tib Street car park to Stevenson Square. Vehicle exit via Thomas Street or Tib Street/Church Street junction.
- Relocation of parking bays from Thomas Street and High Street to accommodate cycle contraflow lane.
- No changes to loading.