Area 4 - Shudehill to Victoria via Withy Grove
- New pedestrian crossings at Shudehill Junction
- Shudehill Junction/Nicholas Croft: cycle crossing (non-signalled) into Advanced Stop Line from Back Turner Street
- Improved Advanced Stop Line and cycle route markings on roads with signage along route.
- Shudehill and Nicholas Croft approaches: two substandard 2.95m wide traffic lanes reduced to single wide lane reflecting existing bus and goods vehicle turning movements
- New box junction to protect bus station from night-time taxis
- Narrow Thornley Brow part closed to motorised vehicles except for off-peak loading