Corporate Core Services
Budget and focus
Our ‘Corporate Core’ has a budget of £79.8m, with about 2,000 staff.
This budget covers front-line services for residents and businesses such as customer service, payments, billing and benefits, and the coroner and registrar services. It also:
- supports other Council service and our partners with essentials like financial services, insurance, human resources, buying services and supplies, legal services and policy work
- oversees our building and capital spending, and acts as landlord, servicing our buildings
- makes sure we function effectively as a well-run, properly audited, democratic organisation
- drives our policies and strategies with sound research and evidence.
Our proposals try to minimise the impact on other Council services and on residents.
£3.667m proposed savings in 2023/24 (totalling £6.024m by 2025/26)
- £472,000 reshaping our finance, human resources, research, legal and ICT processes and systems.
- £2.3m parking and bus lane income to fund transport costs.
- £80,000 increase in Registrar’s fees.
- £200,000 from clamping
- £500,000 pensions savings
- £115,00 ‘housekeeping’ savings like printing, software and postage.
Resources and Governance Scrutiny Committee, 8 November 2022 - Corporate Core Budget Proposal 2023/24
Have your say by 7 January 2023