The consultation is now closed.
We want your views on our proposals to transform Wythenshawe Town Centre.
We have recently completed the acquisition of the town centre from St. Modwen’s and early plans for how the centre could be redeveloped have been drawn up ready for consultation.
The proposals for the town centre will also include:
- Culture hub: Artist studios, performance space and a community cinema in the former Co-op department store
- Food Hall: A large, flexible events space championing local produce by day and leading a new night-time economy through a food, drink, live music and street food offering by night.
- Employment spaces: New flexible employment accommodation ranging from co-working spaces through to a new enterprise centre with a focus on local start-up and small and medium-sized businesses and larger floorplate managed office space.
- New civic square and public realm: A large new focal point representing the new heart of the town centre and capable of hosting community events. Improved accessibility and the creation of small naturally- planted ‘sponge parks’ designed to increase biodiversity and help adapt to the impacts of climate change while reducing the risk of flooding.
- Decarbonisation: Sustainable retrofit of existing building to improve energy performance and reduce carbon emissions plus the installation of solar PV cells on rooftop spaces.
- Thousands of new homes are planned to be built on Council-owned brownfield land next to the Town Centre.
A £20m Levelling Up bid was submitted to Government in August that would jumpstart the transformation and help realise the long-term vision for Wythenshawe Town Centre.
We will be holding in-person sessions to discuss the proposals at Unit 36, The Birtles, Civic Centre, Wythenshawe,M22 5RF (the former Peacocks unit) between Monday 7 November and Saturday 12 November – 10am to 2pm each day.
The consultation will end on Friday 25 November.