- Membership is free
- No membership is needed to use library materials within the library, or for services like photocopying
Replacement library card
- A replacement will cost £2 (your first card is free). If you have lost your card and need your library number, please get in touch with us.
Books and audio books can be borrowed for free, but we charge for some services:
- CDs (music) - 50p per week, these items can be borrowed free of charge by visually impaired people
- Company information - prices for company information, trade mark searches, marketing information and mailing lists on application from the Business Information Service
- DVDs £1.50 per week
- Foreign language courses (not ESOL) - £2.50 per week
- Music sets - prices and membership requirements on application in the Music Library
- Postal notification of reservations - 70p. Postal notices for children under 13, people over 60 and email notifications are free
- Stock available in our libraries are free to reserve
- Stock not available in our libraries - £5.00
Photocopying and printing
Black and White - 20p per A4 sheet, 30p per A3 sheet (this includes Wi-Fi printing)
Colour - 50p per A4 sheet, 70p per A3 sheet
Reproduction fees for commercial publications - prices on application
Most of our libraries offer printing and photocopying - search the directory to find your nearest library.
- Local community groups - free
- When the library is open - £10 per hour (regional or national groups), £20 per hour (commercial use)
- When the library is closed - £20 per hour (regional or national groups), £30 per hour (commercial use)
- Wifi access is free in all libraries
- Internet access is free in all libraries for library members. Sessions can last up to 60 minutes, and they may be extended free of charge, depending on availability
- Over 60s and visually impaired members are entitled to two hours per day
- Non-members pay £2.00 for each hour's use (or any part of). Non-members are required to show identity to use a library computer.
- Availability of library computers cannot be guaranteed and advanced booking is advised.
How to pay
Charges can be paid at any of our libraries at the counter or using the self-service (RFID) machines
We accept cash, cheque and in some libraries debit or credit card
Overdue charges can be made online by logging into your library account