Books to go
Books to Go provides a home delivery service for Manchester residents. If you have limited mobility, a visual impairment or any difficulty leaving your home, you are invited to apply to become a Books to Go customer.
How does it work?
When you join our free service you will be asked to give us an idea of what you like to read and our experienced staff will choose books for you according to your preferences.
How many items can I borrow?
You can borrow up to 15 items every four weeks. You will be informed of your delivery date well in advance.
What can I borrow?
Our central store of over 30,000 items of stock means that we are bound to have what you like to read. We have books in both ordinary and large-print size, talking books and DVDs.
How can I apply for Books to Go?
There are a few ways to apply:
- apply using our online form, or
- print off and complete the application form and send it back to: Books to Go, Manchester City Council, Edwin House, Edwin Road, Manchester, M11 3ER.
- email: email@example.com and we will respond to you within 10 working days
- Call 0161 227 3800 - our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Or contact your local library and a staff member will help you fill out a form over the phone.