Sunday Market & Car Boot
New Smithfield Wholesale Market, Whitworth Street, Openshaw, Manchester M11 2WJ (For sat nav, shoppers use M11 2WP)
About our Sunday Market & Car Boot
Our covered and outdoor Sunday Market features cafes, takeaway food and drink, fresh meat, fruit and vegetables, clothing, shoes, accessories and jewellery, books, audio and video, toys and games, and all your household toiletries and furnishings.
Our outdoor car boot sale offers space to householders wanting to get rid of their unwanted, used personal goods.
Opening and Trading times
Generally open every Sunday, gates open for traders at 5am. Trading spaces are allocated from 6am onwards. Trading lasts from 7am until 2pm, and the last public admittance is at 1.30pm. The Sunday Market & Car Boot will be closed on Sunday 23 December 2018.
General market rules
- No smoking on site
- Children (under the age of 16) only allowed on site where supervised by an adult
- No dogs allowed
- No personal or business waste must be brought to site - fly tippers will be issued with an infringement notice, which carries a £50 administration charge
- Vehicle access is restricted and, before allowing entry, we may make routine vehicle checks
- You must obey all instructions given by site management and security
- Threatening or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated
- Report any incident, accident, potential hazard or dangerous driving to the site management and / or security team
Want to sell at our Sunday Market & Car Boot?
There's no need to book; just turn up and join the queue at the back of the market. Spaces are allocated on a first come, first served basis from 6am. Note that there are restrictions for sellers of fresh food, such as hot & cold food and drink, ice-cream and butcher's meat.
Fees for the Car Boot are:
- £19.75 per car;
- £26 per van, and
- £41.09 per large van.
There are two separate day-rates for the covered and outdoor Sunday Market:
- £41.09 - casual spaces
- £34.85 - regular permitted spaces (+ £288 six-month permit fee)
You will be charged the full daily fee for every space and part space that you use. You can pay for your spaces by credit or debit card - we do not take cash or cheque.
- Trading space size;
- Applying for a permit to trade regularly; and
- Selling fresh food, such as hot & cold food and drink, ice-cream and butcher's meat.