Births, marriages, deaths and nationality Venues available for your wedding or civil partnership

A Ceremony at an Approved Venue

It is possible to marry or enter into civil partnership in any approved venue in England or Wales.

Ceremonies may take place in hotels, banqueting suites, stately homes and other places that have been licensed by the local authority.

Notice of marriage or civil partnership has to be given in the district(s) where you live.

Before giving notice, it is very important that you make a provisional booking at the venue of your choice and check that registrars from the local register office are able to attend to register the event and conduct the ceremony.

Each local authority sets the fee for a ceremony at an approved venue and therefore these fees are not the same throughout the country.

Hiring a room

It is advisable to make a provisional booking at the Manchester Register Office as soon as possible if you wish to marry or enter into a civil partnership at an approved venue in Manchester. While the venue may be able to hold your wedding or civil partnership on a certain date and time, there is no guarantee that registrars will be available. The sooner you book the better!

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.