Things we can't collect
We do not collect some items. It's your responsibility to dispose of these properly at a waste and recycling centre.
We don't collect:
- items that are too big or heavy for two people to move and lift safely into a vehicle. This includes items that become too heavy after being left out in the rain, such as mattresses. Keep items like this as dry as possible.
- items that are dangerous to lift, or could damage a vehicle, because of sharp edges for example
- dangerous waste like asbestos, chemicals or paint stripper
- waste left in your home by building or repair work
- laminated floorboards or kitchen worktops
- window frames, external doors and conservatories
- fencing, greenhouses, sheds, pallets or petrol lawn mowers
- tyres, gas canisters, car batteries, parts or engines
- items such as cupboards and fridges that are not empty, apart from their own fixtures
- glass items such as window panes, glass tables and large mirrors.