Background information on the spending data
We publish data on a monthly basis. This is in response to the Government's requirement for Local Authorities to publish new items of spending over £500 from January 2011.
Details of individual transactions over £500 for the purchases of goods and services will be provided. The information is provided in .csv format and has been taken from our main ordering and payment system.
Explanation of column headings used in files provided
- Body name - details of who is publishing the data
- Service area - the part of the Council that has made the transaction
- Expenses type - a cost code related description of the type of goods or services purchased
- Invoice payment date - date on which the transaction was paid
- Transaction Number - a unique identifying number for each transaction
- Amount - the net amount, excluding VAT
- Supplier name - name of the supplier who provided goods or services in relation to the transaction
The information is exempt from publication under the Data Protection Act.
Information has been excluded or redacted from publication where:
- The information is personal and identifies an individual or where publication of the data can harm an individual. e.g. information related to children or vulnerable adults.
- The Freedom of Information Act exempts publication.
If you have questions relating to any of the data published, please send these to email@example.com.