What is social value ?
Please accept marketing-cookies to watch this video.
Social value’ - what is it?
‘Social value’ is one way Manchester City Council gets more for Manchester people when we buy the services and supplies that keep our city ticking and growing.
How do we add this to our contracts?
We include a social value element of 20% in all contracts with suppliers.
So we only do business with companies who will:
- give something back to Manchester people – from a list that they told us they value
- boost local neighbourhood economies
- minimise their impact on our environment.
Thanks to these business partners doing their bit, Manchester people now have:
- More local jobs for those struggling to find work
- Training, apprenticeships and work placements for locals
- Companies who want to work alongside community groups
- Business staff joining local volunteers to clean our neighbourhoods.
- Fairer pay and better living standards – so less hardship
- Less waste and energy use, and eco-friendly materials to reduce climate change
- A stronger local economy that benefits everyone as it grows.
Social Value means extra value for Manchester residents. It means fairer work, health, wealth and happiness for every Manchester resident to enjoy.