How to use the signing service
Deaf people can call Manchester City Council using SignVideo Web Access, an online sign language interpreting service, from their own home for free!
Follow the steps below to make your phone call in BSL:
- Click on the SignVideo BSL Live button
- Connect to a SignVideo interpreter
- Ask for the required council department
Before using SignVideo BSL Live, please ensure you meet the basic requirements:
- PC with a webcam
- Microsoft Internet Explorer V7 or V8, Firefox 3
- Bandwidth of at least 256 kb p/s (upload and download)
Note: If this is your first time, you will need to download an one-off Live Plug-in. The Live plug-in enables good video quality and for your calls to be secure. Please follow the instructions once you are connected to the Web Access page.
SignVideo Service information:
For troubleshooting and technical guidance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8463 1120.