Our research policy
If we take on your request to carry out research, we will follow our research policy.
For written enquiries we will:
- answer all enquiries by letter or by email within 10 working days or explain why a reply may take longer
- offer advice on our collections and how to access them for free
- do one search (up to 30 minutes) of a specific source for a charge of £17.50
- carry out detailed research using our paid research service at a cost of £35 per hour
We will not carry out searches of:
- newspapers, you can access the Manchester Guardian and the Times via our online reference library
- our cemetery records, these can be searched and viewed online (fees apply)
There is a lot of research that you can do yourself.