Parking Apply for a disabled parking bay

A residential disabled parking bay are marked parking spots on the road outside or near to the property of a disabled resident. The parking bay does not belong exclusively to the resident and may be used by any driver displaying a blue badge.

H bar markings are white lines that are marked on the road in-front of access areas. The lines highlight to other road users that they shouldn't block access to off-road parking areas such as driveways and garages. The cost of H bar markings is £246 including VAT. 

To qualify you must be:

  • a blue badge holder in receipt of the higher rate Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or;
  • be 65+ on attendance allowance and have a vehicle registered at your address.

Once you have submitted your application an officer will assess it and advise if the work can take place. 

Service Covid-19 update 22.03.2021

The previous 12 months have presented The Highway Maintenance Service team with a number of challenges as we have navigated our way through a worldwide pandemic. This has resulted in delays with the dropped kerb, H-bar and Disabled Bay service provided by our team, as our primary focus has had to shift to carrying out essential repairs.

In addition to these issues presented by the Covid-19 pandemic we have also experienced some technical issues following migration to a new software system.

Therefore if you have applied after the 12th September 2020, and you have yet to receive a response please resubmit your application for processing again.

Please accept our apologies and thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.