The Business and Intellectual Property Centre
The Business and Intellectual Property Centre (BIPC) can help you start, run and grow your business. From that first spark of inspiration to successfully launching and developing a business, you’ll find the tools, support and advice you need:
- Free access to business and intellectual property databases and publications, including market research, company data, business news and information on intellectual property (IP)
- Access to business advisors and experts whether you're starting up or growing your business, or
- Workshops and networking events.
The Human Lending Library
The Human Lending Library matches charity and social enterprise leaders with successful entrepreneurs as mentors. Launched by the charity Expert Impact, the initiative has seen more than 200 leaders of social enterprises and charities ‘borrow’ an Expert for advice on improving their organisation and increasing their social impact. The Manchester branch of the Human Lending Library will be run from the Business and Intellectual Property Centre (BIPC) at Manchester Central Library.
Find out more or apply online
Business Support and Advice
You can chat live online with qualified business advisors.
- Monthly free confidential advice with a patent attorney (suitable for inventors and innovators). To book an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellectual Property Clinic
- Monthly free confidential advice on trademarks, design & copyright with Ward Hadaway. To book an appointment email email@example.com
Join our mailing list and be the first to find out about latest news and events. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BIPC is a partnership between us and the British Library, and is a member of the BIPC network, supported by the Intellectual Property Office, DCLG and Arts Council.
Please accept marketing-cookies to watch this video.