Manchester City Council

Benefits & support Find out if you can get housing benefit

The rules for who can get Housing Benefit can be complicated. The quickest and easiest way for most people to check if they can claim is to use our online claim calculator.

We’ll also check if you can get Council Tax Support.

People in some areas now claim help with their rent through Universal Credit. See when Universal Credit will affect you.

See what to do if you live in a Universal Credit area.

You need your national insurance number to claim. Don’t worry if you don’t have it with you now – you can start the form, save it and come back to it later.

Sorry, but students can’t usually claim housing benefit. See Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support for students.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?