Benefits and support Claim Council Tax Support

If you need help to pay your council tax, whatever your age and circumstances, you must claim Council Tax Support.

If you are making a new claim for Universal Credit we have decided that in Manchester we will treat your Universal Credit claim as a Council Tax Support claim as long as you say you want to claim Council Tax Support at the same time. If your Universal Credit claim is refused you will then have to make a separate claim for Council Tax Support.

Everyone else must claim Council Tax Support here

We will need your details and those of anyone else you live with. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the information now - you can save the form and come back to it later.

If you are pension-age we will work out if you would be better off getting a benefit called Second Adult Rebate instead. Read more about second adult rebate.

There are other ways you can get money off your council tax bill as well. Read 'money off your council tax bill'.

Most students won’t need to claim because they are usually exempt from Council Tax or get a reduction. Read 'money off council tax for students and people who live with students'.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?