When moving out of off-campus accommodation at the end of term, please do so as early as possible and don't leave it until the last minute. This will help keep everyone safe, relieve pressure on our services and can reduce the impact on residents.
When moving into new homes at the start of term, please think about your neighbours and help keep your new neighbourhood tidy.
Not getting rid of items properly can be classed as flytipping and you could be fined up to £400.
- When moving out take everything you can with you. If you can’t take everything, please discuss with landlords about storing items until it is safe for them to be removed
- If you are struggling to get rid of large items, we will come and collect up to three things for free (everyone is entitled to one collection yearly from April 1). Book your collection
- If you have good quality items you don't need, you can donate to local charities, including the British Heart Foundation (BHF). Find out more about BHF’s Give it, Don’t Bin it campaign
- Use your supplied bins correctly and don’t overload them. See what should go in each bin and what to do with items that don't go in recycling bins
- You can take some unwanted items to your local recycling centre (tip). Find out where your local recycling centre is and read further advice
- When moving into new housing, try and buy pre-loved furniture from charity shops, rather than brand new items that come with a lot of packaging. Paper and card goes in your blue bin
- You can purchase good quality items, including furniture from Recycle for Greater Manchester's Renew Shops