Manchester City Council

Social services Staying with your foster carer after you turn 18

Living together agreements

We will write a ‘living together agreement’. This is an agreement signed by you, your foster carer, your social worker and your personal adviser if you have one. The agreement sets out the rules for you staying together and what everyone is responsible for.

We want the agreement to last so we will keep in touch to make sure everything is going well and to give you and your foster carer advice and support, including financial help for them.

We’ll review the agreement and the support you get every six months and include it in your pathway plan.

The agreement will last until you are 21. If you and you foster carer want to stay together after that you can make an informal agreement between you both.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?