Manchester City Council

Social services Staying with your foster carer after you turn 18

What to do if you aren’t happy with something

If you feel that your wish to stay with your foster carer hasn’t been considered properly or if you are unhappy with what is happening you should try and sort it out with your social worker or personal adviser first.

If you still aren’t happy you can speak to your independent reviewing officer and ask for your pathway plan to be reviewed.

Compliments comments or complaints

If you want to tell us something about the service you have had from us then you can speak to one of our managers or follow the children’s services complaints procedure.

If you need help or advice about a complaint speak to the National Youth Advocacy Service who run the children’s rights service.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?