Social services Managing your money

We want to help you manage your money with confidence.

When most young people leave home to live independently they can’t always afford everything they need right away or afford everything new. Your savings are there to use in your move to independence and into later adulthood. Spend them wisely!

We’ll help you to:

  • budget
  • take money-management courses
  • open a bank account
  • access your Junior ISA

Your Personal Adviser will help you to get the identification documents(ID) you need, such as a passport and/or a provisional driving licence, and get a National Insurance Number.

You'll need to keep all your documents safe as we can’t pay for replacements.

Read more about what support you are entitled to as a care leaver.

If you’d like to chat with an expert face-to-face about your money (or something else like your health or your home) we have regular drop-in sessions.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.