Schools, education and childcare Apply for a reception class place for September 2022

How to apply

Apply here if:

  • your child is starting school for the first time in September 2022; and
  • you live in Manchester.

The deadline for on-time Reception 2022 school applications is Monday 17 January 2022.

If you live outside Manchester and need a place here you should still apply to your current council. We can help children with special educational needs to get the right school place. To find out more see children with special educational needs first.

Read information about applications from UK Crown servants or military families.

If you want a place in an independent or private school, contact the school directly.

Follow these steps to apply for a school place:

  1. Find your nearest primary schools
  2. See how primary school places are decided
  3. Apply for a place

If your child needs a place in school now please apply for a primary school place.

For further advice and guidance visit

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?