Manchester City Council

The Council & democracy Check if you're registered to vote

Get official confirmation that you're on the electoral register

You might need official confirmation that you’re on the electoral register, for a mortgage, loan or credit agreement for instance. Or you might need confirmation that you were registered at a previous address. We can send you an official letter. 

We can only give confirmation covering the last 15 years.

If you want confirmation that you were registered at a previous address, we'll need the full address details and the dates you lived there.

Print out and send the confirmation request form, include a cheque or postal order for £10 and two pieces of identification – one of them with your address on. Send copies, not original documents. Once we've confirmed your identity, we securely destroy any copies we get.

We'll respond within ten working days.

If you're not sure if you're on the electoral register, check if you're registered, and we can confirm via email and this process is usually a lot quicker than obtaining official confirmation.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?