Council tax Report a problem with your council tax bill

Tell us if there’s a problem with your council tax bill: if you’ve paid too much, it’s in the wrong name, you think you should get a discount or you want to appeal a decision we've made about a discount, for example.

We do not decide which council tax band your home is in. That’s done by a government agency. See how to appeal a council tax band at

If you are reporting a problem to us, or appealing a council tax band, you must continue to pay council tax until it’s sorted out.

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.