Council tax What happens if you don't pay your council tax?

A Liability Order

If a court has made a Liability Order against you, we can take enforcement action to recover the debt. 

Enforcement action can be:

Our Bankruptcy and insolvency policy describes this in more detail.

If you have received a summons and want to make a payment offer, use this form to tell us. You will need to provide details of self employment, employment or benefits as part of your payment offer.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.