Parking The new Ardwick parking scheme

Apply for a resident permit

You can get a free resident permit for each vehicle registered to your home.

You will not get a paper permit. You apply for your permit online and we keep your registration number in our system. If you change your car you simply need to log in and change your details.

Each permit is registered to a specific vehicle. Any vehicle parked on the street for longer than three hours while the scheme is in force needs to have a permit.

For a resident permit you need:

Your registration number and the make, model and colour of your car, also your Council Tax number – this is on your bill.


Proof you own the vehicle – copy of the 'log book' (V5C vehicle registration certificate).


If you have a work’s van or company car, then you will need a letter from your employer stating that you are entitled to bring the vehicle home and park it on the road at your address overnight. The letter should also confirm the registration number.


Proof of address – for example a copy of a recent utility or council tax bill or rent agreement.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?