Manchester City Council

Roads & transport Concessionary travel passes


Free school travel passes and cycle vouchers

Some children get a free travel pass to get to and from school on a bus, train or tram in Greater Manchester. Secondary pupils can choose a cycle voucher instead of a pass.

See who qualifies and how to apply

Low fares for under-16s

There's a range of other travel passes and reduced fares for under-16s.

See who qualifies and how to apply at the Transport for Greater Manchester website.

Special educational needs?

Pupils with a statement of special educational needs can get free school travel. See who qualifies and how to apply

You could also get extra transport help from our Travel Co-ordination Unit.

Lost your free travel pass?

Email passes& for replacements or call Transport for Greater Manchester on 0161 244 1050. 

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?