Summary of our plans
A. The junction of Dawson Street, Regent Road, Trinity Way and Water Street
- provide three lanes in each direction on Regent Road between Water Street and Ordsall Lane
- provide three lanes which turn from Dawson Street into Regent Road towards Salford
- provide crossings for pedestrians and cyclists at all junctions
- convert the crossing on Regent Road so that it can be used by pedestrians and cyclists and move it closer to the junction
- geometric changes at the junction enable signal staging and phasing and stage timings to be optimised
- reduce the speed limit from 40mph to 30mph
- prevent loading at any time at Water Street junction with Trinity Way, and Water Street junction with Dawson Street
B. The junction of Regent Road and Ordsall Lane (Salford)
- more lanes or space along the section of Regent Road going towards Salford
- crossings for pedestrians and cyclists at all junctions
C. The junction of Regent Road and Oldfield Road (Salford)
- prevent left turns from Regent Road towards Salford into Oldfield Road towards Ordsall lane
- allow geometric changes to the junction layout and the size, shape and location of islands to enable signal staging and phasing and stage times to be optimised
- provide changes to the timing of crossings allowing traffic to flow better
- in order to minimize disruption it is necessary to carry out some overnight working at the corner of Oldfield Road. This will be limited and all affected properties will be contacted directly ahead of any overnight works. Our contractors will employ noise reduction technologies where possible.
D. Chester Road/Mancunian Way roundabout
- extra lanes and give more options at the roundabout including:
- two extra lanes on the roundabout between Chorlton Road and A56, one of these will provide a new right turn onto the A56 towards Deansgate.
- one extra lane between Mancunian Way and the A56 towards Deansgate, this provides a right turn onto the A56 towards Chester Road.
- one extra lane between the Mancunian Way and Chorlton Road.
- larger islands on Chester Road allowing better routes for pedestrians and cyclists through the junction.
E. The junction of Trinity Way and Hampson Street
- We will replace what’s there now and provide crossings for pedestrians and cyclists
F. The junction of Hampson Street, East Ordsall Lane and Middlewood Street
- an upgrade to crossings for pedestrians and cyclists
- extra crossings on Hampson Street
- new turns, central reserves, cycle ways and footpaths on Middlewood Street in both directions – this will also improve access to new development on Middlewood Locks.
See the current road closures