Walking in Manchester
Introducing more exercise into your daily life can help you to feel happier and improve your health.
Manchester boasts a range of public parks and open spaces along with other opportunities for walking, sporting activities and sports development.
If you prefer to walk with others why not join a local walking group
- The Manchester and District Walkers (MAD) is a 20s and 30s group which is part of the Ramblers and organise a wide range of walks in and around Manchester and beyond.
- The Manchester Weekend Walkers is also part of the Ramblers walking group, with a programme of regular walks, socials and weekends away. They organise a number of walks usually at weekends or summer evenings
- The Manchester and Salford Ramblers is for those who enjoy walking and rambling and also organise a variety of regular walks around Manchester and Salford
- MCRactive lists a lot of regular walks and walking activities in Manchester.
- Transport for Greater Manchester provide useful information to promote and encourage people to walk around Manchester.
- Sustrans is a national charity who aim to make it easier for people to walk and cycle
- Walkit helps you to plan a route, specifically designed with walking in mind it makes use of footpaths and quieter traffic free routes
- Getting Manchester Moving is a great website to help provide you with all the information you need to become more physically active.
- Living Streets is a national charity, they aim to create safe, attractive and enjoyable streets, where people want to walk.