Booking your appointment for the COVID-19 vaccination
Anyone age 5 or over before 31 August 2022 can now book their COVID-19 vaccination:
- Attend a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination centre
- Calling the Gateway on 0800 092 4020 or 0161 947 0770. The Gateway can make you an appointment at a local vaccination site. If you are unable to get to your vaccination appointment then the Gateway will also be able to arrange a free taxi to and from the vaccination site, just ask them when you call. The phone line is open Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 6:00pm, excluding bank holidays.
- Using the link in a text message you receive from your GP practice and following the instructions. You can do this to book into your local vaccination site
- You can also book an appointment for a COVID -19 vaccination at a local vaccination site, or a community pharmacy site by calling 119 (interpreters available on request) or by booking online (NHS website)
- For those people who use British Sign Language you can also book an appointment online by visiting SignVideo. Using your computer and webcam, or the SignVideo app on your smartphone or tablet, you make a video call to a BSL interpreter. The interpreter telephones an NHS 119 operative and relays your conversation with them.
Other ways you may be contacted about your COVID-19 vaccine
If you receive a text inviting you to book your appointment, the text will include your name, date of birth and the name of your GP practice to identify themselves. Please click on the link and follow the steps to book your appointment.
If you receive a phone call, the caller will identify themselves and say they are calling on behalf of your GP and they are getting in touch about booking an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine.
The callers booking vaccinations will not ask for any other personal details other than asking you to confirm your name. They will never ask for any money or bank details.
More information about the COVID-19 vaccine
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the NHS website.