We cannot deal with enquiries about pending applications - please do not call us as this slows down our ability to process applications. We will acknowledge applications when received and get in touch when we are dealing with them. If your licence expires before the date listed below and you have not heard from us, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your badge number and expiry date in the subject line.
Dates being processed
Drivers - private hire and hackney carriage:
- New driver: up to date - processing applications (on receipt of payment) within 2 working days; and
- Renewal driver: up to date - within 2 working days of receipt of application and payment, we are processing relevant documentation for licences that expire up to and including 31 January 2020.
Vehicles - private hire and hackney carriage:
- Renewal vehicles - Up to date - within 2 working days of receipt of application, documentation & payment we are processing applications for licences that expire up to and including 31 January 2020.
We are up to date with applications for:
- New Vehicles
- Vehicles operating beyond age limit
- Vehicle transfers
- Replacement vehicles
and are processing relevant documentation within 2 working days of receipt of application, documentation and payment.
Sometimes the processing of applications is delayed because:
- Payment is not made on time or the wrong fee paid.
- Online DBS application has not been completed or you haven't signed up to the online DBS service.
- Not notifying us when you are not going to attend your document verification appointment.
- Not submitting all required documents with your application (i.e. DVLA licence summary, vehicle compatibility form etc).
Important information about renewals
Due to the high volume of applications being submitted close to expiry date, and often with several missing elements required to validate the application, it sometimes takes several days to get through the licensing process; at these times we process renewal applications in expiry date order. We wish to reassure customers who submit their application well in advance, that we will get to your application as soon as possible and certainly before it expires.
All renewal applications must be made and payment received 10 working days prior to the date of expiry of the licence. Your licence is at risk if you do not renew prior to the date of expiry; a new application will need to be submitted if your licence has expired (except in the case of hackney carriage vehicle proprietor licence). A new application for a hackney carriage vehicle proprietor licence cannot be submitted.
All applications must be paid online. Once your application is in stage 1 of the new driver process, we'll email you with a link to make the payment.
You cannot pay at the call centre.