What are neighbourhood investment funds
We are supporting local people by encouraging groups to apply to the Neighbourhood Investment Fund (NIF). These are funds available to communities to make their neighbourhoods better places to live.
£20,000 of NIF is available to every area (ward) in Manchester each year - to help groups carry out events and initiatives that benefit people and are environmentally sustainable.
Please contact your local Neighbourhood Officer before submitting your application via NIF@manchester.gov.uk to discuss how your proposal will contribute to the Ward Plan and/or Ward Climate Plan.
You can find out more about the Council’s commitment to climate action here: Zero-Carbon Manchester strategy.
You can also subscribe to our Neighbourhoods Newsletter where you can find examples of the types of project funded by NIF grants.
The fund can be used for many things including:
- supporting groups of residents back into employment or training;
- establishing new community groups;
- supporting established groups, new groups and delivering local projects;
- improving the physical environment;
- tackling climate change through activities such as greening, rewilding, local food projects, awareness raising/ engagement activities around climate change, repair workshops/sessions, increasing composting, increasing recycling, reducing waste, green travel initiatives, improvements to air quality;
- other activities important to your neighbourhood.
- If your application involves holding an event, please follow the recommended advice in the Sustainable Events Guide.