This is an opportunity for parents to announce the names that have been chosen for their child(ren) and to make promises of commitment to nurture and support the child into adulthood.
Any parent can arrange a civil naming ceremony; the event can also be used as a celebration of adoption or to welcome a stepchild into an extended family unit. Children of any age may have a naming ceremony and parents may want to include older children as well as their new child.
A civil naming ceremony can be held in the Pankhurst Suite at the Manchester Register Office or at another venue of your choosing within the City of Manchester. Venues do not need a licence for this type of event, but they must be deemed suitable before a civil naming ceremony can take place there. Any venue with a licence for marriages or civil partnership can also be used for civil naming ceremonies.
If you require further information or wish to arrange a civil naming ceremonies please contact the Ceremonies Section at Manchester Register Office.
Ceremony in the Pankhurst Suite (at the Register Office)
- Monday to Friday: £200 incl VAT plus a £40 non-refundable booking fee
- Saturday: £300 incl VAT plus a £40 non-refundable booking fee
The Register Office is not normally open for ceremonies on Wednesdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays
Ceremony at an outside venue
- Monday to Friday: £300 incl VAT plus a £40 non-refundable booking fee
- Saturday: £350 incl VAT plus a £40 non-refundable booking fee
- Sunday and Bank Holidays: £400 incl VAT plus a £40 non-refundable booking fee