Your vehicle can be clamped if:
- you are a persistent offender and evader of parking tickets (i.e. those with three or more unpaid parking tickets and haven’t challenged them within the timeframes given)
- you continually disregard parking and bus lane regulations
- your vehicle is not registered with the DVLA
- your vehicle is untaxed.
What to do
If your vehicle has been clamped you need to contact the vehicle pound (open from 10am to 5pm). Call between 8am to 7pm.
If payment is not made, your vehicle can be removed.
We need to see proof that you are the owner before vehicles can be released. You must show us a valid:
- log book (V5), showing date of purchase or valid hire/lease agreement
- insurance certificate
- driving licence
As well as two forms of address confirmation:
- council tax bill
- utility bill (dated within the last three months)
- tenancy agreement