Audio books and e-books
NEWS UPDATE! We are pleased to announce that we now offer a bigger and better ebook and audiobook download service in partnership with Greater Manchester Libraries and Borrowbox.
If you were using the Overdrive ebook and audiobook service you'll need to sign up to Borrowbox. It's still free and there is an even a larger collection of both ebooks and audiobooks for you to download.
The BorrowBox app makes it easy to browse, borrow and read or listen to your library's eBooks and eAudiobooks anywhere and everywhere. To download the app simply open the app store on your device, search for Borrowbox and download.
- Get ebooks and audiobooks with BorrowBox
- Get ebooks and audiobooks for children with Borrowbox
- Sign up for the Royal National Institute of Blind People's (RNIB) free Talking Book by Digital Download service.
Read full digital copies of your favourite magazines for free from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Over 95 magazines are currently available covering everything from food to computers, and music to art. Titles include:
- BBC Good Food
- Amateur Photographer
- BBC Top Gear
- Horrible Histories
Borrow an unlimited number of magazines to keep forever or delete when you want.
Getting started for new customers:
- Go to RB Digital
- Create a new account, and enter your library card number. If you are a member of any Greater Manchester Library you can use this service
- Browse the selection
- Checkout your chosen publications to read in your browser or on a range of mobile devices.
- Customers who previously registered to use the Manchester Libraries Zinio website should register with the RB Digital website to get access to a greater coverage of magazines.
E-magazines can be read on a wide variety of desktop and mobile apps. The apps are designed for offline reading.
To access the magazines through an app it must first be checked out while you are online through the website. You cannot checkout new titles though the app alone.
Help using RB Digital
Transparent Language is an online learning package offering 100+ language courses. The package offers over 90 foreign language courses and 25+ courses for English learners delivered in their own first language.
The courses are mainly beginner to intermediate and suit learners through to A level and below. The courses are simple to use and can be sync’d across a number of devices.
- Offers continuous learning with the ability to sync the course to a PC plus 3 to 4 other devices.
- Courses are delivered by native speakers.
- Used on a device when travelling – can be used as a simple phrasebook.