Local Land Charges Team
What services do we offer?
- manage the Local Land Charges Register as required by the Local Land Charges Act 1975.
- provide Official Local Authority Search Reports (LLC1, CON29R and CON29O) at a reasonable cost.
- provide access to the information required to complete your own search reports under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 free of charge.
- manage the Register of Common Land and Town or Village Greens as required by the Commons Registration Act 1965.
What services do we not provide?
Land Registry / Title Search
If your enquiry relates to ownership of land, private covenants, restrictions on land or a title search including any matters relating to property boundaries you should direct your enquiry to HM Land Registry.
Telephone: 0844 892 1111
Drainage and Water Search
If your enquiry relates to whether the property is connected to a public water supply or is connected to a public sewer you should direct your enquiry to the relevant Water Authority. Manchester falls under United Utilities for water and drainage.
Telephone: 0845 746 2200
The Coal Authority deals with all mining enquiries for the Manchester area.
Telephone: 0845 762 6848
Local Land Charge Team Contact Details
For further information regarding official local searches and the local land charges register please contact the local land charges team at:
Technical Support Team (Land Charges)
Planning, Building Control & Licensing
Growth and Neighbourhoods Directorate
Manchester City Council
PO Box 532
DX: 714441 Manchester 23
Our Commitment To You
- we aim to provide a speedy and accurate service.
- our target turnaround time for Official Local Authority Search Reports is 2-3 working days.
- our target reply time to letters and emails is 3-5 working days.
- we have extensive knowledge and experience with regard to local authority searches and are always happy to assist with your enquiries. If we cannot answer your query ourselves we will tell you who to contact.