Our vision is for Manchester to be in the top flight of world-class cities by 2025, when the city will:
- have a competitive, dynamic and sustainable economy that draws on our distinctive strengths in science, advanced manufacturing, culture, and creative and digital business – cultivating and encouraging new ideas
- possess highly skilled, enterprising and industrious people
- be connected, internationally and within the UK
- play its full part in limiting the impacts of climate change
- be a place where residents from all backgrounds feel safe, can aspire, succeed and live well
- be clean, attractive, culturally rich, outward-looking and welcoming.
The task we've set ourselves is challenging. It will take hard work, collaboration, energy and commitment to achieve our vision. But Manchester is a city that gets things done. We will combine our efforts to deliver our priorities.
We’ll be tracking progress of the main features of the strategy year-on-year in the ‘State of the City’ report.