Paying outstanding council tenants' debts
Former tenants who still owe rent can make an agreement to pay off the debt in affordable regular amounts.
You are a former tenant if you paid your rent directly to us, or an organisation that collected rent on behalf of us. They are:
- Northwards Housing for north Manchester
- Harvest Housing for Grove Village, Ardwick
- Adactus Housing for Miles Platting
- Guinness Northern Counties for West Gorton
- Solutions for Brunswick, for Brunswick
- Peaks and Plains in Alderly Edge
We take debts left by former council tenants seriously and we can use the courts to force payment. This could affect your ability to borrow money or pay for things on credit. It can also stop you getting other social housing until the debt is cleared or you're keeping an agreement to repay.