Manchester City Council

Births, marriages, deaths & nationality How to arrange a civil partnership

Civil Partnership Ceremonies at Approved Religious Premises

It is possible to hold civil partnership ceremonies in religious buildings. The venue must have applied for, and been given, approval to hold civil partnership ceremonies. (Please note that the ceremony will still be a civil ceremony, not a religious ceremony)

The only religious premises in Manchester currently approved to hold civil partnership ceremonies is:

Wilbraham St Ninian's United Reformed Church
Egerton Road South
M21 0XJ

Church contact:
George Morton, email:
Telephone: 0161 881 8195

Licensed until: 20 August 2016

Approved rooms
Church (max occupancy 200 persons)
New Hall (max occupancy 100 persons)

Wilbraham St. Ninian’s United Reformed Church is a mid-twentieth century church on the east side of the centre of Chorlton, close to Chorlton Metrolink station.    The building’s exterior is quite simple and the interior has a welcoming character of warm yellow brick and light oak, with a fine stained glass window by Francis Spear. The church building includes halls, kitchen, etc., all with level access from outside.  The hall may be available for hire in connection with the ceremony.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?