For Manchester to achieve its vision, we reset our priorities and refocused where our efforts are most needed. Together, we'll make Manchester a top flight city by 2025.
A Thriving and Sustainable City
- We will maintain Manchester’s vibrancy and ensure that all our communities are included in the life of the city, no matter their age, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, faith or socioeconomic background.
- We will work to ensure Manchester has a strong, inclusive and innovative economy with diverse growth sectors, where our residents are recognised for their contribution via fair contracts and are paid at least the Real Living Wage.
A Highly Skilled City
- We will ensure that all of Manchester’s young people have access to good-quality education and we will support them to be work-ready.
- We will continue to support all our residents to learn, progress, upskill and retrain so they can access the city’s current and future employment opportunities.
A Progressive and Equitable City
- We will strive to create a truly equal and inclusive city, where everyone can thrive at all stages of their life and quickly and easily reach support to get back on track when needed.
- We will improve physical and mental health outcomes and ensure good access to integrated health and care services across the city.
A Liveable and Zero-carbon City
- We will create sustainable, safe, resilient and cohesive neighbourhoods with more affordable housing, good-quality green spaces, and accessible culture and sporting facilities.
- We will achieve our zero-carbon ambition by 2038 at the latest via green growth, sustainable design, low-carbon energy, retrofitting buildings, green infrastructure and increasing climate resilience.
A Connected City
- We will enable increased walking and cycling and continue to develop an integrated, accessible, safe and green public transport system across the city and beyond.
- We will become a digitally inclusive city with better digital infrastructure, access to digital technology and strong digital skills.