Homes and property Licences for privately rented accommodation

Some landlords and organisations that manage privately rented properties need a licence from us to rent out properties. 

There are different types of licence for privately rented accommodation:

Check if a property is registered as an HMO or has a selective licence

Licensing leads to decent housing standards and better management of properties for private tenants. It helps us improve neighbourhoods for the whole community.

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.