We take a zero-tolerance approach to crime and disorder, antisocial behaviour and environmental crime. We use CCTV to confront the issues in and around our city, making your neighbourhoods safer, cleaner and stronger. We also use CCTV to effectively manage traffic, e.g. bus lanes.
Areas where we operate CCTV
- CCTV cameras operate in the following areas:
- City Centre, targeting the retail and entertainment areas;
- The area in and around the "A6 corridor", covering Ardwick, Longsight and Levenshulme;
- The Wilmslow Road area, covering the district centres of Rusholme, Fallowfield, Withington and Didsbury;
- East and North Manchester, covering parts of Cheetham, Moston, Harpurhey, Beswick, Openshaw, Clayton and Ancoats; and
- Moss Side.