We are here to help you get on the internet for free. Staff maybe able to support you with your internet use. There are times of the week at most libraries where more support is available.
You can go to any of our libraries to use:
- the internet on a computer.
- wifi on your own device.
- Wifi access is free in all libraries
- Internet access is free in all libraries for library members. Sessions can last up to two hours, and they may be extended free of charge, depending on availability
- Over 60s and visually impaired members are entitled to two hours per day
- Non-members pay £2 for each hour's use (or any part of). Non-members are required to show identity to use a library computer.
- Availability of library computers cannot be guaranteed and advanced booking is advised.
How do I book a computer?
You can reserve time on a library computer by:
- contacting your nearest local library and reserving a place
- going directly to your local library and reserving a place with a library assistant, or
- booking a place the next time you are logged in to a library computer.
How much does it cost?
- internet access is free in all libraries for library members. Sessions can last up to two hours, and they may be extended free of charge, depending on availability,
- non-members - £2 for one hour, or
- members who are over sixty or who are visually-impaired - three hours free per day.
It’s a good idea to book in advance. Find a local library and make your booking!
Libraries also have free wifi so you can use your own laptop or tablet.
Computer access will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes. You can still use a computer for free in and around the city.
Improving your online skills
For help with, or to improve your online skills, text 0786 0064 128 or email email@example.com with your name and area of Manchester that you live in.